Chatbots is among the fastest-growing sectors on IT and keeps gaining popularity, both in the segment of web-based and stand-alone applications. According to Credence Research "the global chatbots market is expected to witness an exponential growth during the forecast period 2016 - 2023".
It is not hard to find arguments online for why the time of chatbots' major disruptive innovation for B2B & B2C communication is just around the corner:
- AI has reached a stage in which chatbots can have engaging conversations with humans
- The Chatbot ecosystem is already robust, including investment from large corporations such us Facebook's Bots and AWS's LEX
- Built-in integration with cloud services is already on place
One of the focus area of Innovation Zone's team during H2 2017 will be to support customers and partners to validate chatbot technologies and its implications, as for now we are integrating a NAO robot with AWS LEX service in a project in common with our colleagues at Ericsson Garage Gothenburg.
I'm utterly impressed with NAO's native functionality such as its hability to stand-up, take a look at the video below:
Some extra chatbot-articles that I found worth reading:
- "The 200 billion dollar chatbot disruption" by Matt Swanson
- "80% of businesses want chatbots by 2020" by Business Insider
- Facebook releases its chatbot API Bots for Messenger, April 2016
- Facebook How to Build Bots for Messenger, April 2016
- AWS LEX Generally Available for building coversational interfaces
- Amazon Web Services - Build Conversational Voice & Text Interfaces, November 2016
LEX in a nutshell: