Danderyd Municipality in Sweden wanted to construct an external website and therefore needed to conduct a feasibility study with regard to needs and specifications. The study was intended to form the basis for a future procurement of a new web publishing tool (content management system, CMS) and the construction of a new website.
Cybercom undertook the feasibility study, which included the following components:
- Needs analysis. Basis for the specification of the CMS.
- Prototype. Functionality and tasks to be carried out on the site were included in the prototype and formed a part of the specification in terms of the functionality requirements.
- Web strategy. Web strategy with goals and objectives of web presence, as well as a long-term action plan for achieving them.
- Strategic action and development plan. Cybercom developed a plan for the municipality of Danderyd to manage, maintain, build and develop the website.
- Calculation of costs. Cybercom performed calculations of the costs of two different CMSs based on the requirements and needs. The calculation included the cost of operation, licences, external development, a resource calculation for its own staff, and finally the total cost for implementation and delivery of a new website and search engine.
- CMS specification.
This feasibility study provided Danderyd Municipality with good information in the ongoing work of constructing a new website.