At Sunday it starts for me, the Mobile World Congress 2016. The biggest event around mobile and communication which has come to be all about Internet of things. I have been there so many times that I remembered when it was all about telecom equipment, later on all about smartphone applications and now everything is Iot. After last year I wrote about The secrets at MWC 2015.
So what am I looking for this year?
- Which types of marketing messages are trending this year?
- What new trends in technology, offerings or business models do I see?
- What partners, technology providers or solutions are relevant for my clients quickly build customer value?
My list of companies I need to visit is rapidly increasing and approaching 100 quickly. As last year there is easily
- ~20 new IoT platform companies that I have not heard of before
- ~40 new smart companies doing something innovative with technology
- ~40 companies that I visit by tradition or that has changed their message or just very influential
Last year, I did a tour of MWC and my key findings with clients which was highly appreciated, even by the long timers at MWC. Several of the participants established a relationship with companies I displayed as a manifestation of the trends/findings :-). The tour will be this year as well and you can apply here.
So if you would like to touch base, discuss trends or just know more about what I do - drop me a line on Linkedin or come by our booth Hall 5, booth 5J51.
See you there!
Senior Advisor @Cybercom Group